Some nights Mr. Layland gets home late from work and I’m officially 90 years-old so I can only stay awake until about 11 o’clock. So what do you do on those nights when you only have thirty minutes together before one of you (me) starts talking nonsense?
Try this out.
It’s the 8-Question Date! You can make it ahead of time (I made mine when I had some down time at work) and have it ready for those short evenings together! You make a fortune teller or a cootie catcher or whatever you used to call it in Elementary School and customize it for a get-to-know-you date.
Here are the questions I used:
- Who is your hero?
- What is your biggest fear?
- What’s a new hobby you’d like to try?
- Name for top 5 past times.
- What desires do you have that we haven’t discussed?
- Tell me something I don’t know about you.
- What is your favorite thing about yourself?
- How did you feel loved this week?
I love this game because if you don’t have time for anything else, at least the two of you will get about 20 minutes of really good talking time!
That’s life with Mr. Layland & Me!